Autism and adhd

does anyone has ADHD in this forum? if yes can you share some story please if you want to? 

Parents
  • Yes. But whether it matches up with your own experience is possibly debatable. In my case, it would be just plain attention deficit, no capitals and the occasional h; but probably drop the final d. As regards some stories, where would I begin? ;-) It's a War & Peace epic, and thus somewhat turgid. Let's just say that the attention wanders or breaks down a bit when there are too many competing stimuli. But I will definitely refrain from saying there is perhaps a little ad(d) in us all. We all deserve better than that here. People who might be inclined to say stuff like that, are also highly likely to use labels such as weird when your back is turned; by which they are indicating that they feel they have the right to be judgmental, but when it comes to susceptible others, "It's just a label". (I'm guilty of that too!)

Just one small anecdote, however. An American gent of slightly florid demeanor once told me his daughter had been advised by a form teacher to put her son on Ritalin. (Now, I'm told that it can often be comparatively effective, but I'm also not the hugest fan of medication.) This gent's advice to his daughter was to tell the form teacher it had already been prescribed. Now, I'm always a bit wary of reported anecdotes such as these, but apparently the form teacher thereafter noted a definite improvement in her student's attention level. My own long personal experience of utlising psychology (forward & reverse, successfully and unsuccessfully) indicates that isn't necessarily a tall story. Particularly as father and daughter did not normally see eye-to-eye on too many parenting issues. My point is really that a non-medicinal approach worked quite well on at least one of the stakeholders, if not most of them.

• Yes. But whether it matches up with your own experience is possibly debatable. In my case, it would be just plain attention deficit, no capitals and the occasional h; but probably drop the final d. As regards some stories, where would I begin? ;-) It's a War & Peace epic, and thus somewhat turgid. Let's just say that the attention wanders or breaks down a bit when there are too many competing stimuli. But I will definitely refrain from saying there is perhaps a little ad(d) in us all. We all deserve better than that here. People who might be inclined to say stuff like that, are also highly likely to use labels such as weird when your back is turned; by which they are indicating that they feel they have the right to be judgmental, but when it comes to susceptible others, "It's just a label". (I'm guilty of that too!)

Just one small anecdote, however. An American gent of slightly florid demeanor once told me his daughter had been advised by a form teacher to put her son on Ritalin. (Now, I'm told that it can often be comparatively effective, but I'm also not the hugest fan of medication.) This gent's advice to his daughter was to tell the form teacher it had already been prescribed. Now, I'm always a bit wary of reported anecdotes such as these, but apparently the form teacher thereafter noted a definite improvement in her student's attention level. My own long personal experience of utlising psychology (forward & reverse, successfully and unsuccessfully) indicates that isn't necessarily a tall story. Particularly as father and daughter did not normally see eye-to-eye on too many parenting issues. My point is really that a non-medicinal approach worked quite well on at least one of the stakeholders, if not most of them.

Children
No Data