Hearing voices

Has anyone any information or experience of hearing conversations, whistling in your head??? Does anyone know if this is connected to ASD??

Parents
  • What sort of conversations?

I have a really clear/loud/vivid inner monologue that's almost like I can hear it, and sometimes that tips over into my brain replaying conversations I've had, rehearsing conversations with people, and imagining various scenarios (I'm a big daydreamer, definitely comes under 'maladaptive daydreaming'-and I use these daydreamy imaginary conversations between imaginary people for creative writing). And I think those things are related to ASD (though equally common seems to be people who don't feel they have an inner monologue as such and think more visually).

• What sort of conversations?

I have a really clear/loud/vivid inner monologue that's almost like I can hear it, and sometimes that tips over into my brain replaying conversations I've had, rehearsing conversations with people, and imagining various scenarios (I'm a big daydreamer, definitely comes under 'maladaptive daydreaming'-and I use these daydreamy imaginary conversations between imaginary people for creative writing). And I think those things are related to ASD (though equally common seems to be people who don't feel they have an inner monologue as such and think more visually).

Children
No Data