Son is like Jekyll and hyde

Hello there. I’m really struggling with my 14 year old autistic son. One minute he’s the nice boy I remember and the next he’s this monster. He always shouts and has a go at me. It’s like treading on eggshells. He never seems happy and is so argumentative. He winds everyone up all the time and he reminds me of his abusive father. I’m a single mum and I’ve got no support from family and no friends. I’ve got depression as well as a heart condition and things are not good at all. Today was the worst because I had to babysit my little grandson and my son is so jealous of him. My son doesn’t sleep well and today I just cried. What can I do? I love him but I’m scared of the future with him. 

Parents
  • Hey :) 

I think that's typical of a lot of teenagers as they're going through hormonal changes - mood swings are quite frequent, and being annoying/argumentative is a part of them expressing anger and testing boundaries. It's hard work - stay strong!x

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

I think that's typical of a lot of teenagers as they're going through hormonal changes - mood swings are quite frequent, and being annoying/argumentative is a part of them expressing anger and testing boundaries. It's hard work - stay strong!x

Much love <3

Children
No Data