Dairy free alternatives for autistic adults

Does anyone here now any cheap, sensory friendly  dairy alternatives for anyone with autism. My friend just like me has autism and (unlike me) is lactose intolerant, she only has a small income. She's stuggling both mentally and physically from this lack of finances for dairy free products. She desperately needs more alternatives. Any know what she can do ?

Parents
  • Dairy free is a bit complicated as lactose is used in all sorts of things that you wouldn't expect - like ham.

I don't understand what autism has to do with the problem compared to anyone else - it's just a case of looking at what you like to eat and then looking at the manufacturer's website for the allergy information if it isn't obvious from the packet.

Also - what does lactose intolerant mean to your friend?  Bloating? Cramps?  Vomiting?   How bad is it?

• Dairy free is a bit complicated as lactose is used in all sorts of things that you wouldn't expect - like ham.

I don't understand what autism has to do with the problem compared to anyone else - it's just a case of looking at what you like to eat and then looking at the manufacturer's website for the allergy information if it isn't obvious from the packet.

Also - what does lactose intolerant mean to your friend?  Bloating? Cramps?  Vomiting?   How bad is it?

Children
No Data