who can diagnose?

I've tried searching for the answer on google, but I can't seem to find anything definite on any professional/government websites. Most of the websites that do come up are from the USA and about their policy. I know in the UK, a psychiatrist can make a diagnosis. But I am curious whether clinical psychologists can make a diagnosis? This seems to vary from country to country. The clinical psychologists in the UK seem to also range in a variety of degrees, such as PhD, PsychD, ClinPsychD, DClinPsy... are they different in any what they are allowed to do?

Parents
  • my diagnosis was by a Clinical Psychologist. I went private, but it is also the place used the the NHS.

• Cool! So it seems that at least some clinical psychologists are qualified. 

What you are saying sounds similar to Binary's experience, that the same NHS place has both NHS and private assessments. That's really good, since you will definitely know that they are valid. The NHS in my area doesn't seem to have a private option.

• Cool! So it seems that at least some clinical psychologists are qualified. 

What you are saying sounds similar to Binary's experience, that the same NHS place has both NHS and private assessments. That's really good, since you will definitely know that they are valid. The NHS in my area doesn't seem to have a private option.

Children
No Data