Socially isolated

Hi,

I am a 16 year old girl with Asperger's. 16 is a really difficult age with drinking and partying and drugs. I feel very isolated because I do not like alcohol and it messes with my medication but people don't seem to understand that I don't want to. Is it okay to not want to drink? I also don't get invited out to a lot of house parties which is mainly my fault, I am sure if I asked I would be able to go but the idea of spending an evening getting roaringly drunk with people I mainly do no even like does not appeal to me. I feel so left out,  but is it okay to not want to join in and stay at home and not drink or is it sad and pathetic? I get very, very anxious about social things like this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jess x

Parents
  • Hey there my name is River, yes it is perfectly acceptable not wanting to drink staying in and not drinking is totally okay and is no no way shape or form pathetic , I get very anxious about social stuff as well so i can relate, I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder at 13 and to be  honest it has not got any easier to deal with but I am forever learning. I understand the effecting medication thing, I am on medication as well and whilst i do not know that drinking will effect that , I rarely ever drink anyways. I hope this has helped, Self care is really important and you got to do what you need to do to take care of yourself ::) it can be difficult but theres a lot more to it than seeing friends partying and drinking, you dont nessesarily need any of those to have a nice time in or a day in or something lke that, its okay not to drink and stuff :) 

• Hey there my name is River, yes it is perfectly acceptable not wanting to drink staying in and not drinking is totally okay and is no no way shape or form pathetic , I get very anxious about social stuff as well so i can relate, I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder at 13 and to be  honest it has not got any easier to deal with but I am forever learning. I understand the effecting medication thing, I am on medication as well and whilst i do not know that drinking will effect that , I rarely ever drink anyways. I hope this has helped, Self care is really important and you got to do what you need to do to take care of yourself ::) it can be difficult but theres a lot more to it than seeing friends partying and drinking, you dont nessesarily need any of those to have a nice time in or a day in or something lke that, its okay not to drink and stuff :) 

Children
No Data