Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Parents
  • If you want to come back and discuss why you feel so strongly against NAS and professionals who diagnose etc, Mr/Ms Taxi driver that’s fine. I realise it is not us you are against, but the “labelling” by experts. Many people struggle with communication. It’s easier online by far, but it would help on this forum if you acknowledge other people’s genuine concern and enquiries, even if you were to say you didn’t feel comfortable giving direct answers. 

The possibilities are endless without your own input. So is the frustration. Bear in mind that one of us could actually be a nervous, silent type in your taxi, or perhaps would have been when younger. We have found this method of communicating. It would be good if you could too. We support each other here. Labels are not an issue. Everything has a name. That’s just language. I hope your day goes well. 

• If you want to come back and discuss why you feel so strongly against NAS and professionals who diagnose etc, Mr/Ms Taxi driver that’s fine. I realise it is not us you are against, but the “labelling” by experts. Many people struggle with communication. It’s easier online by far, but it would help on this forum if you acknowledge other people’s genuine concern and enquiries, even if you were to say you didn’t feel comfortable giving direct answers. 

The possibilities are endless without your own input. So is the frustration. Bear in mind that one of us could actually be a nervous, silent type in your taxi, or perhaps would have been when younger. We have found this method of communicating. It would be good if you could too. We support each other here. Labels are not an issue. Everything has a name. That’s just language. I hope your day goes well. 

Children
No Data