Diabetes type 1

Hello

Just joined here. i was just wondering wether there is any parent out there with an autistic child that also has type 1 diabetes like my daughter. She was diagnosed last may and totally out of the blue. would be nice to share ideas or just to know there is some else who understands

Thank you

Parents
  • Hi

I noticed that your post is a few years old now but I would be very interested to see how things have panned out with your young man. Did he get to grips with his blood sugar readings In the end? If not there is a new device on the market called the 'libre patch'. It's a patch that continuously reads the blood sugars then you can scan it for the blood sugar readings as and when you need. Perfect if you don't like pricking yourself. 

• Hi

I noticed that your post is a few years old now but I would be very interested to see how things have panned out with your young man. Did he get to grips with his blood sugar readings In the end? If not there is a new device on the market called the 'libre patch'. It's a patch that continuously reads the blood sugars then you can scan it for the blood sugar readings as and when you need. Perfect if you don't like pricking yourself. 

Children
No Data