Diabetes type 1

Hello

Just joined here. i was just wondering wether there is any parent out there with an autistic child that also has type 1 diabetes like my daughter. She was diagnosed last may and totally out of the blue. would be nice to share ideas or just to know there is some else who understands

Thank you

Parents
  • Hi there

my daughter was 11 and a half when she was diagnosed with diabetes type 1.

yes it was very hard at first and she still resents it now. i think diabetes and autism are linked with a low immune system.

my daughter is a bit older and uderstands a bit more now and other times she doesnt and refuses to eat because she says her sense of smell has been enheightened greatly because of what she is taking. but nobody believes this and this is very frustrating.

feel free to contact me here.

i can sympathise and understand having someonelse who understands really does help.

• Hi there

my daughter was 11 and a half when she was diagnosed with diabetes type 1.

yes it was very hard at first and she still resents it now. i think diabetes and autism are linked with a low immune system.

my daughter is a bit older and uderstands a bit more now and other times she doesnt and refuses to eat because she says her sense of smell has been enheightened greatly because of what she is taking. but nobody believes this and this is very frustrating.

feel free to contact me here.

i can sympathise and understand having someonelse who understands really does help.

Children
No Data