Diabetes type 1

Hello

Just joined here. i was just wondering wether there is any parent out there with an autistic child that also has type 1 diabetes like my daughter. She was diagnosed last may and totally out of the blue. would be nice to share ideas or just to know there is some else who understands

Thank you

Parents
  • My daughter is 7 years old. Within the last 3 months she has been diagnosed firstly with high functioning autism and more recently type 1 diabetes. It is difficult to describe how we are all feeling at the moment! As both conditions have been diagnosed so close together I was wondering if there is a link between the two. I was really interested to read Jewels post, particularly as her child is a girl. How old is your daughter? How has she come to terms with her diabetes? My daughter is really struggling at the moment, and is having meltdowns every other day. These have gotten significantly worse since her diabetes diagnosis. Getting her to school in the mornings is nigh on impossible!

Any advice anyone? Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this?!?

• My daughter is 7 years old. Within the last 3 months she has been diagnosed firstly with high functioning autism and more recently type 1 diabetes. It is difficult to describe how we are all feeling at the moment! As both conditions have been diagnosed so close together I was wondering if there is a link between the two. I was really interested to read Jewels post, particularly as her child is a girl. How old is your daughter? How has she come to terms with her diabetes? My daughter is really struggling at the moment, and is having meltdowns every other day. These have gotten significantly worse since her diabetes diagnosis. Getting her to school in the mornings is nigh on impossible!

Any advice anyone? Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this?!?

Children
No Data