Advice on my plan

Yo guys, its Wei. 20 years old male.

Today, I have gone to a mental health service and it wasn't very helpful in my opinion because all she did was telling me what i already know and that the thoughts that gone through my brain was all false which i disagree but it was clear i suffer from Asperger and she wasn't a GP so it was a "solution" attempt she said so she wasn't able to give me a prescription. (Read my previous post if you want more information on my situation)

But i have been watching videos of a clinical psychiatrist and also a professor of a university so he teaches lectures and records them on YouTube, name Dr Jordan Perterson. After watching and follow up some of his many works the past month i have found some encouragement in me and like to move forward but just in case my plan is terrible so i'd ask for some advice here and thanks in advance.

I am currently studying Games Technology and its quite likely that i am going to be required to resit even if i try to work for it right now because I have almost 0 knowledge of what is going on and the project deadline is in 6 days. So instead of trying so hard on this course that i chose to be my escape from reality as it is an introvert course dealing with computers that doesn't require much social interaction. i'll like to face my problems from now on and do what i think i'd want to do and want to give my all at.

My plan is instead of fighting a loosing battle or attempt to fight it again, i'll move toward a new course, i don't know what University i will be going to study this but its going to be Psychology. I will like to know more about my thoughts and myself by learning this course and i am going to try to read books, hard books that I never did before. But before going to University, i will take a year gap for once and take it easy for a year from studying, potentially sort my life out while prepare and research more on the topic of psychology and do readings about it. When i go to the University i plan to at the start of every module/lecture i'll introduce myself to everyone that i suffer from Asperger and would like to make friend with everyone despite having difficulty associating with people and hope many of them would accept it.

What are your thoughts on this? Please give me any advice or insight you think is appropriate. (This is a bit leading opinion but in another words, i am giving up on current course and try to persuade myself that i can move on and do better)

I will try and face this difficult path and get pass the fear of failure for real this time is what i believe right now.

Parents
  • Hello, 

Some posts have been removed and edited from this thread due to community rule 4 being broken. 

Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; however, insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.

If rules are continuously broken, action will be taken, users will be put into moderation or in extreme cases banned. Please be respectful of the rules. 

If you are concerned or upset by anything on the online community, please contact communiymanager@nas.org.uk immediately. 

Thank you. 

• Hello, 

Some posts have been removed and edited from this thread due to community rule 4 being broken. 

Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; however, insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.

If rules are continuously broken, action will be taken, users will be put into moderation or in extreme cases banned. Please be respectful of the rules. 

If you are concerned or upset by anything on the online community, please contact communiymanager@nas.org.uk immediately. 

Thank you. 

Children
No Data