Diagnosis of sensory differences

I read an article on  "Sensory Differences" and it mentioned the following:

" Noise
 Smell
 Visual
 Touch
 Taste/Texture
 Motor (Vestibular & Proprioception)

People with ASD are often over- or under-sensitive in any or all of these senses

Sensory sensitivities may increase as a result of anxiety".

I live in Central Scotland.  I am interested in knowing if there is somewhere where I could be assessed on each of these senses to find out figures showing to what degree I might differ from neuro-typical people.  Does anyone know if this service is available, and if so where and how much does it cost, please?

Parents
  • I think you can buy decibel meters to test exactly how loud particular sounds are. That way you could test yourself to fin out which level / types of sounds bother you most. You could then compare that to online tables showing 'safe', acceptable' and other sounds to see how many everyday ones affect you and poll people you know to get an idea whether you're more or less sensitive than the average. 

• I think you can buy decibel meters to test exactly how loud particular sounds are. That way you could test yourself to fin out which level / types of sounds bother you most. You could then compare that to online tables showing 'safe', acceptable' and other sounds to see how many everyday ones affect you and poll people you know to get an idea whether you're more or less sensitive than the average. 

Children
No Data