PIP face to face assessment advice

Hi, well here is the answer to my last post! We have to go for a face to face this Thursday!!. My son has turned 16 and is going from dla to pip.

After reading the booklet I am confused as it says about taking a companion as they "can add in anything that helps you explain the difficulties you face more clearly, or help you answer any questions that you're asked" yet everything I see online says they don't listen to anyone with the claimant!!. Should I point this out to the HP if they appear to be ignoring me?.

Also if am my son's appointee surely the finance question is a formality as the dwp has already decided my son cannot deal with his finances!!.

Again I am really worried he will just say he can do everything!! Is it worth me doing a care diary between now and then?.

Has anyone on here been to one of these? And have you any info on what they ask them?. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Parents
  • yes do all of the above. It took me a long time to get PIP even though I have Aspergers and a chronic spine problem. I tried to go for the higher rate as I'm getting worse but they've knocked me back, which is to be expected. I'll end up going to tribunal again and I'll win, again, because the tribunal take into consideration all that the interviewers don't.  So don't be too disheartened if the do knock you back. just ask them reconsider, which'll take a month and then it'll take a few months to get a tribunal hearing. So all in all you might get it by September. They will back date it of course so you'll get a big chunk of money then. Get all evidence you have and talk about his condition and problems at his worst, not when he's ok. You have to exaggerate it hugely to get what you really deserve. good luck.

• yes do all of the above. It took me a long time to get PIP even though I have Aspergers and a chronic spine problem. I tried to go for the higher rate as I'm getting worse but they've knocked me back, which is to be expected. I'll end up going to tribunal again and I'll win, again, because the tribunal take into consideration all that the interviewers don't.  So don't be too disheartened if the do knock you back. just ask them reconsider, which'll take a month and then it'll take a few months to get a tribunal hearing. So all in all you might get it by September. They will back date it of course so you'll get a big chunk of money then. Get all evidence you have and talk about his condition and problems at his worst, not when he's ok. You have to exaggerate it hugely to get what you really deserve. good luck.

Children
No Data