AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • To one and all in general...
    Many things occur in recent days, which compel me to grudgingly write this post in some haste, as though this were a "BLOG", which it isn't (because I do not entirely know what a blog is and have never seen one upon this NAS website)...
    This post is mainly to apologise to anyone for my having done something possibly inconsiderate (e.g. accidental dislikes or deletions), which may display upon their own devices yet does not display upon my own, and so I can't know whatever I might have done (!)...

1- The devices which I use are "old" (five years and more), and so I am having more and more trouble accessing anything, including this page. I have had to switch off "Notifications" or "follows" or other such like, due to software errors. I don't want to, but I have to.

2- Sometimes, in this touch-screen reality, I press an awful lot of buttons which then change to do something else - just as I am pressing them. Or sometimes, I am attempting to type or to scroll-the-screen, and suddenly -- blam! -- a button flashes up to entertain mischief, by never specifying what it does, or where it went, or by blocking another button...

3- Friendship requests. The very first time I saw these, on the "profile" pages, I cannot help but say that tears welled up in my eyes, at the idea of REAL PEOPLE wanting to "friend"...ME!?!
    But the reason for this post looms large. I already said earlier that I could not reply, private message, email, or engage in any such "social media" things, and that I had to TRY it in order to find out how or why I could not do so. The more I try, the more I find out... about how much I cannot do... due to lacking the "latest super swanky bigger shiny upgrade mega super giga" whatever-device.

Closing. - I may also have to wind down my own posting so much, even upon this thread, because this thread is simply becoming too long for the "old" devices I started it with to be able to handle.(!)
    As if to change the subject... society is trying to force *everybody* to "go online", which is why I came here; and I have tried it for almost three weeks now, and the whole business for me is as if to choose... between the hammer and the anvil/a rock and a hard place/the frying pan or into the fire (delete as preferable)... ふっ...

• To one and all in general...
    Many things occur in recent days, which compel me to grudgingly write this post in some haste, as though this were a "BLOG", which it isn't (because I do not entirely know what a blog is and have never seen one upon this NAS website)...
    This post is mainly to apologise to anyone for my having done something possibly inconsiderate (e.g. accidental dislikes or deletions), which may display upon their own devices yet does not display upon my own, and so I can't know whatever I might have done (!)...

1- The devices which I use are "old" (five years and more), and so I am having more and more trouble accessing anything, including this page. I have had to switch off "Notifications" or "follows" or other such like, due to software errors. I don't want to, but I have to.

2- Sometimes, in this touch-screen reality, I press an awful lot of buttons which then change to do something else - just as I am pressing them. Or sometimes, I am attempting to type or to scroll-the-screen, and suddenly -- blam! -- a button flashes up to entertain mischief, by never specifying what it does, or where it went, or by blocking another button...

3- Friendship requests. The very first time I saw these, on the "profile" pages, I cannot help but say that tears welled up in my eyes, at the idea of REAL PEOPLE wanting to "friend"...ME!?!
    But the reason for this post looms large. I already said earlier that I could not reply, private message, email, or engage in any such "social media" things, and that I had to TRY it in order to find out how or why I could not do so. The more I try, the more I find out... about how much I cannot do... due to lacking the "latest super swanky bigger shiny upgrade mega super giga" whatever-device.

Closing. - I may also have to wind down my own posting so much, even upon this thread, because this thread is simply becoming too long for the "old" devices I started it with to be able to handle.(!)
    As if to change the subject... society is trying to force *everybody* to "go online", which is why I came here; and I have tried it for almost three weeks now, and the whole business for me is as if to choose... between the hammer and the anvil/a rock and a hard place/the frying pan or into the fire (delete as preferable)... ふっ...

Children
  • May be best to open a thread with the same name + #2! That would make it easier to find new entries and the old one should still pop up under "Related" in case someone fancies reading. Most of the time the threads popping up there have nothing to do at all with the thread you are in, but for once this function might actually do what it's intented for.