AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • Didn't expect to post this, but it is yet another example of "issues":
    "[" and "]" divide the whole of the part actually copied AS TEXT. (I have a "snapshot" of the screen, but did not want to start along such lines, since "text" is hard enough for some of us to "post" already. If I can, then I shall try to "post" the "snapshot" if anyone asks.)

[18 Oct 2017
    ElephantInTheRoom
    ElephantInTheRoom in Home
    AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.
    Disallowed Cynosure replied:
    "Hi" in reply to your "EMAILS" at me, which don't show up on this website, but "EMAILing" brings up many other "issues" of the sort over which I began this "thread/forum"... This is what I did & I still do. Believe it or not, I have *never* used "Emailing software" to send an "Email" in my entire life, never. The device I use to "SetUp" all of this Internet stuff is an iPOD, which can "receive", yet has no "phone number". Upon this little fellow I gain any "messages", "notifications", "updates... (with 14 other replies)
    Like 22 days ago ]

... There were also "buttons" after which, I can only describe as: Like [ThumbsUp Icon] 2 [Clock Icon] 2 days ago. [... Icon].
    If this makes sense, anyone should recognise it.

THE "ISSUES" here are this:
    "ElephantInTheRoom" shows up as the person I supposedly replied to... but I was actually replying to "NAS24896"!
    "14 other replies" ... really? Where?
    "22 days ago" - I only posted all of that YESTERDAY (i.e. about 2 hours ago).
    "[Clock Icon] 2 days ago" - Less than two hours, and contradicts it saying "22 days ago" as above.

The time of me POSTING this particular "issue" should register as around 02.30 (half-past-Two AM.). On 19th October.
    So... yet another "confusing" thing about "The Internet". ふっ.

• This should show up as me replying to myself (!).
    If anyone didn't follow that 2.30AM post of 19th October there, then don't worry about that. I was attempting to describe a picture, and all of us know how that confusing *that* is. The point of the post was to describe something I saw, which made no sense. I repeat again:

"ElephantInTheRoom" shows up as the person I supposedly replied to... but I was actually replying to "NAS24896"!
    "[Clock Icon] 2 days ago" - Less than two hours, and contradicts it saying "22 days ago" as above.

...That was what I saw, and in this new post I was going to advise anyone to visit the "NAS Community Home Page" to see any errors for themselves...
    ...but as I post this now - the entire record of me writing that has disappeared from the entire HISTORY(!)... On rechecking the "Home" page again and again, that post history is still missing.

YET, for other people's posts, you MIGHT still see what I meant. Little errors such as:
    - "posted yesterday" ... "[clock icon] 22 days ago".
    - "This happened to me in November 20xx" ... but it is SAID to be posted in October of the same year.

Another new thread which is welcome (if it does not exist already), is one explaining what all of these [icons] are supposed to mean or what they indicate. I understand that it is different across computers, devices, times, etc. And that they may be "computer" errors... But as a possible (erratic) confusion, it is mentioned for the sake of this thread/topic: Some of us take all of this LITERALLY - we "misunderstand" or are confused - and we make errors over it.

• This should show up as me replying to myself (!).
    If anyone didn't follow that 2.30AM post of 19th October there, then don't worry about that. I was attempting to describe a picture, and all of us know how that confusing *that* is. The point of the post was to describe something I saw, which made no sense. I repeat again:

...That was what I saw, and in this new post I was going to advise anyone to visit the "NAS Community Home Page" to see any errors for themselves...
    ...but as I post this now - the entire record of me writing that has disappeared from the entire HISTORY(!)... On rechecking the "Home" page again and again, that post history is still missing.

YET, for other people's posts, you MIGHT still see what I meant. Little errors such as:
    - "posted yesterday" ... "[clock icon] 22 days ago".
    - "This happened to me in November 20xx" ... but it is SAID to be posted in October of the same year.

Another new thread which is welcome (if it does not exist already), is one explaining what all of these [icons] are supposed to mean or what they indicate. I understand that it is different across computers, devices, times, etc. And that they may be "computer" errors... But as a possible (erratic) confusion, it is mentioned for the sake of this thread/topic: Some of us take all of this LITERALLY - we "misunderstand" or are confused - and we make errors over it.

Children
No Data