New diagnosis

Hi i am 34 and have recently been diagnosed with stage 2 autism which is love of routine,confusion and repeating myself and am finding it hard to cope and feel confused and really upset and cry a lot about it (even though that wasnt part of the diagnosis)and it still feels strange especially knowing ive had it all my life i have a friend in work that i may not always understand what she is saying and she keeps telling me not to keep asking the same questions and i have told her its part of my autism but she still thinks i can stop doing it so i just cant get her to understand when im trying to understand it myself and its all really upsetting me does anyone else feel like this if theyve been diagnosed recently? and does anyone have trouble trying to get people to understand?

Parents
  • I know exactly how you're feeling.  I'm sorry but I don't understand how societal norms work.  Therefore, how do I advise you? All I can say is I do understand what you describe.  But, alas at the age of 56 I am still unable to understand neurotypical.

• I know exactly how you're feeling.  I'm sorry but I don't understand how societal norms work.  Therefore, how do I advise you? All I can say is I do understand what you describe.  But, alas at the age of 56 I am still unable to understand neurotypical.

Children
No Data