To Get A Formal Diagnosis or Not? ADVICE please!

I visited my GP yesterday and spoke to her for the first time about Aspie’s. She said that she would refer me if I wanted but posed the question what would it achieve? Or rather what would I want to achieve? What are my reasons for seeking one? 

I need some opinions and experience about self-diagnosis vs formal diagnosis...I have some reasons already which I will inevitably list at some point...

but for now I’m just interested in a general opinion so I can make the choice a little easier...

many thanks for your helps!

Parents
  • Yes, get a "formal diagnosis" for LEGAL REASONS (!). It is just like any other non-visible "disabilly", in that, so long as things in your life go well, you need NOT declare it... but as soon as something bad happens such as freezing-up or freaking-out (!) then you CAN state THAT as a reason why (even if you don't understand why for yourself at the time). It is a sort of back-up, giving you a second chance at re-stating your case/position or/and opinion. (...Usually. (!))

• Yes, get a "formal diagnosis" for LEGAL REASONS (!). It is just like any other non-visible "disabilly", in that, so long as things in your life go well, you need NOT declare it... but as soon as something bad happens such as freezing-up or freaking-out (!) then you CAN state THAT as a reason why (even if you don't understand why for yourself at the time). It is a sort of back-up, giving you a second chance at re-stating your case/position or/and opinion. (...Usually. (!))

Children
No Data