Aspie Women (and guest visitors)

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women? What are your experiences? 

...previous thread clogged as now months into its lifespan) ,.....

Parents
  • This is obviously a conversation that isn't worn out. Personally I'm quite convinced that menopause is what has tipped me over the edge and made my thinking and behaviour recognisably autistic and ADHD-istic.

It's still a hammer blow but it feels like there's a chance of being kinder to myself in the future. Maybe we are the research...

• Hey you! I think the Aspie traits have always been there but the hormone ouch has meant that our usual coping and masking strategies can’t cope so well with it x well put Spotty xx be kind to yourself xx 

• I agree that the traits have always been there but they were so well masked that they weren't visible to me.  The last few months have been like peeling an onion always finding another layer of complexity and I still find it quite mind blowing that I never realised all of these obvious things about myself.

Hi Misfit, I thought it was my phone/computer playing up yesterday as I just kept getting error messages, from your comment and the lack of activity I guess the forum was down.  Glad you made it through the weekend and hope you are feeling a little better. x

• Do look after yourself...you are still in recovery x 

• Outrageous...I can only hope that you are no pole dancer! 

Good grief Charlie Brown! Lol

• Anything can be distracting people climbing tall masts and gang planks and so on. What thoughts are you struggling with ? Overload not nice. I have had a lot of overload lately so I just tried to shut it all out whilst I was ill... that in itself was a relief. Sometimes you just have to shutdown. I missed you too but just couldn't join in it all got a bit much sorry. 

• Hi missy please forgive me,I see you were unwell? Hang on I knew that from the other day,aaaarrrggghhh my memory is rubbish and I hate it, sorry little rant.

Right missy I hope you are starting the road to recovery,I missed you before the shut down,I am struggling with thoughts and order tonite so may appear random or forget stuff sorry all,info overload,to much to say.

And Ellie I am a gentleman! 

Punishment for distracting the captain is climbing the mast to the crows nest,You know that mast?big round pole,easy for pole dancers to climb Lol.

xxx()()()xxx

• Yes! Very geeky! Think we'd need lessons to do that... 

• I would set up a separate email address that I can forward messages from to my personal inbox - there speaks the geek in me! 

• You are adorable Lonewarrior! HuggingGlad you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed both your grandson and the pleasure the visit of your daughter and baby gave her. Not as much time in your shed! It was ingenious of you to find the scope forum. But I don't have cp so not for me. I don't know what the answer is. Or owls. 

• Shocking! Slander abounds! What were you looking at and what were you thinking....I suggest an investment in pidgeons and notepaper! Xx lol

• Hi all really missed all of you very much,I won't ramble on here,had our grandson the weekend,wife is smiling like a Cheshire Cat yay,I am over the moon,I ended up on the scope web forum for disability,it has a section for ASD ,not many members but I got involved most posts were quite old.Maybe a refuge area for emergencies? Does anyone have a suggestion as to somewhere anywhere we could chat if this place goes down?

I admit I crashed the ship but put the blame squarely with Ellie as I was to busy looking at her instead of that rocky island in front of us. Ha ha worm your way out of that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx()()()()()()()()()()()()xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to make up for lost hugs.

• Thank you. I have managed to eat small amounts again today and even done some chores so definitely an improvement. Thank goodness. How was your day? Weekend? x

• So good to hear from you today Missy xx glad you’re feeling a bit better as well xx

• Well that's up to you and entirely your decision  which you can change if it's something you find you need at a later time in your life. And you can make use of what information is around just the same. ()

• It is always a learning curve....don’t think i’ll Ever get the certificate though Wink 

• Well donkey was just looking out for shrek you know ... Handshake I thought I had got to the centre of things and just had to work out what the layers meant until the thread about backs and another condition cropped up which connected other aspects of me but haven't been able to face pursuing that further just yet. We just don't stop learning throughout our whole lives. 

• That’s deep Missy, that’s deep! Lol! Joy 

• Big veil and lots of onion layers as donkey says to shrek  

• I feel the same..,,it is like having a veil lifted....but it is certainly a big ass veil! Xx

• Hope the mast head not broken and warrior checks up on navigation skills! Or maybe another island floated into us. Or a meteor fell out of the sky and made a big splash.. ''twas a bit too quiet without everyone! 

• Certainly missed you guys.....someone crashed the boat to Autopia....I blame Warriors seamanship skills, ....but it could have been my fault as the masthead! Hehe

• I did wonder! Think it was me.. I was in the middle of replying to you and it crashed in a dramatic fashion.... Upside downSmiling imp

Reply Children