Aspie Women (and guest visitors)

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women? What are your experiences? 

...previous thread clogged as now months into its lifespan) ,.....

Parents
  • This is obviously a conversation that isn't worn out. Personally I'm quite convinced that menopause is what has tipped me over the edge and made my thinking and behaviour recognisably autistic and ADHD-istic.

It's still a hammer blow but it feels like there's a chance of being kinder to myself in the future. Maybe we are the research...

• Hey you! I think the Aspie traits have always been there but the hormone ouch has meant that our usual coping and masking strategies can’t cope so well with it x well put Spotty xx be kind to yourself xx 

• I agree that the traits have always been there but they were so well masked that they weren't visible to me.  The last few months have been like peeling an onion always finding another layer of complexity and I still find it quite mind blowing that I never realised all of these obvious things about myself.

Hi Misfit, I thought it was my phone/computer playing up yesterday as I just kept getting error messages, from your comment and the lack of activity I guess the forum was down.  Glad you made it through the weekend and hope you are feeling a little better. x

• I agree that the traits have always been there but they were so well masked that they weren't visible to me.  The last few months have been like peeling an onion always finding another layer of complexity and I still find it quite mind blowing that I never realised all of these obvious things about myself.

Hi Misfit, I thought it was my phone/computer playing up yesterday as I just kept getting error messages, from your comment and the lack of activity I guess the forum was down.  Glad you made it through the weekend and hope you are feeling a little better. x

Children