Autism vs 'Women's Problems'

Since my diagnosis, one woman at work has gone out of her way to seemingly belittle my condition.

She constantly says that I am 'getting away  with things' and that as a woman she suffers far more and has far more problems than me.  She says that period pains and the menopause would make my autism seem very trivial.

Not being a woman, I do not know how these things are.  My attitude in the past has always been that trying to have a battle between conditions as to which is worse is pointless.  But perhaps some of the female autistics here could tell me whether their autism has a greater effect on them than their 'womens problems' or vice versa.  I certainly do not want to belittle the things that women have to put up with and never would. 

I think my work colleague is somehow 'jealous' of the fact I have a support worker and have had my work changed in order to accommodate my autistic tendencies.  Could this be the case?

Parents
  • hi! Yes period pains etc are horrible and unfortunately we have to suffer these every month Disappointed . However, autism also causes many problems too so I would not say that she suffers more than you at all.  Both cause many problems so they cannot really be compared tbh.  Autism has lots of problems too like meltdowns, as well as other mental health problems that may come with it and yes periods r very painful.  But you can take a painkiller for the pain, you cannot just get rid of the problems that come with autism.  Also, from experience, I would say most people that are horrible is it due to either jealousy or lack of understanding, maybe a mix of both possibly?

• hi! Yes period pains etc are horrible and unfortunately we have to suffer these every month Disappointed . However, autism also causes many problems too so I would not say that she suffers more than you at all.  Both cause many problems so they cannot really be compared tbh.  Autism has lots of problems too like meltdowns, as well as other mental health problems that may come with it and yes periods r very painful.  But you can take a painkiller for the pain, you cannot just get rid of the problems that come with autism.  Also, from experience, I would say most people that are horrible is it due to either jealousy or lack of understanding, maybe a mix of both possibly?

Children
No Data