Grocery shopping -anyone else?

I currently do 99% of my grocery shopping online. My stepdaughter is talking about shopping in store more. With online shopping there are various links to click to get to different sections and then choose. I have something of a set pattern of doing things which works for me.

However in store shopping is something I struggle with. I am bad at organising myself to get what I need. I struggle to make shopping lists , and tend to shop haphazardly . I think this is to do with executive functioning difficulties.

I wondered whether this was a problem for anyone else. How are you at in store grocery shopping?

Parents
  • One of the things I struggle with is the choice. If I want a tin of baked beans, I'm presented with 12 different types - the store's own brand, the economy one, Heinz, sugar-free, other brands...and then when I've finally narrowed it down, I have to decide if getting a 6-tin pack which is on offer is better than getting a 4-tin pack which isn't. I just want a tin of beans and this sort of choice makes it really difficult to find what the "right" one is.

I shopped at Aldi once which helped, because there was no choice, there was just a tin of beans. No brands, no reduced-salt, just 1 type of beans. Of course that was all offset by the fact that the cashiers shout at you for packing shopping into your bag after it's gone through the checkout, as apparently you have to dump it all into your trolley and then pack your bags in a designated area behind the checkout. Very odd.

• Aldi try to keep customers moving very fast through the tills.  

My local Aldi is friendly, no shouting at customers and late night shopping means small queues.

The shopping experience at different hours is very different.  During the day it's normal busy, evening it gets very hurried with people rushing everywhere.  Then it quietens down.  my local supermarkets are Aldi, Asda and Waitrose.  All are different.  If I walk further I find Sainsbury and Morrisons.

The people are also different.  Some I see regularly in a particular supermarket.  The scruffs in Asda,. The snobs in Waitrose.   I shop everywhere.

• Aldi try to keep customers moving very fast through the tills.  

My local Aldi is friendly, no shouting at customers and late night shopping means small queues.

The shopping experience at different hours is very different.  During the day it's normal busy, evening it gets very hurried with people rushing everywhere.  Then it quietens down.  my local supermarkets are Aldi, Asda and Waitrose.  All are different.  If I walk further I find Sainsbury and Morrisons.

The people are also different.  Some I see regularly in a particular supermarket.  The scruffs in Asda,. The snobs in Waitrose.   I shop everywhere.

Children
No Data