Back pain

Hi

i have some form of instability in my back that the doctors can't get to the bottom of, but the net result is back pain that painkillers don't deal with and it disturbs my sleep every single night. Having just read a couple of other posts and wondering for a while now about the possibility of some form of co-morbidity between autism and back issues, I thought I would just do a quick straw poll to find out how wide spread the issue is.

Thanks 

Andrew

Parents
  • My GP sent me to see a rheumatologist and he diagnosed me with joint hypermobility symdrome which he explained was the same thing as EDS hypermobile type but rheumatology diagnosis joint hypermobility and geneticists diagnose EDS so my diagnosis is JHS (joint hypermobility) but that is the same as EDSH according to him.

• My GP sent me to see a rheumatologist and he diagnosed me with joint hypermobility symdrome which he explained was the same thing as EDS hypermobile type but rheumatology diagnosis joint hypermobility and geneticists diagnose EDS so my diagnosis is JHS (joint hypermobility) but that is the same as EDSH according to him.

Children
  • Will you describe your condition to me please? Because of this thread I have been looking up about this online. But though quite a lot of it seems to fit the being bendy bit definitely does not. I have the pain, weak muscles, can't stand for long, lean on things, rounded shoulders easily tired etc this does fit with all three Dcd, adhd and asd but I don't think it would be EDSH . So I am curious what it's like for you. Thanks