Meditation

I have only found two ways of giving my brain a rest: sitting in a very quiet spot and meditating. The former is becoming increasingly difficult to find with the ever-increasing noise from society.

I can meditate almost anywhere but my problem is that is am not very good at setting aside time to meditate. All to often there are numerous things pulling me away from meditating and making me too tired to meditate.

I do experience moments of mindfulness (for example when I write with one of my fountain pens and watch the ink glisten as it dries or listening to leaves fall to the ground). Whilst these moments are welcome they are not as good as meditating.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can ensure regular meditation, please? Thank you.

Parents
  • Meditation is like a muscle, it takes work and can stop working well if you have injuries!

I'm a Quaker by convincement, which means I took my membership as an adult from a non Quaker family. If I'm in practice I can sit with expectant waiting for the hour no problems. Because of a whole heap of things many of them around some pretty serious BS to do with SOs ex spreading rumours, I'm very out of practice and barely manage 10 minutes.

Timetabling time to focus inward is important, but if you are struggling initial limit it to 10 minutes. Find a position to sit in that's comfortable. If the "washing machine brain" (love this description) is present focus using either a mantra or another focus. I'm strongly tactile so use beads that are like rosary but not.

I also use a walking meditation of the washing machine is on spin cycle.

Keeping records of progress by noting time spent, focus point and anything that came strongly through your meditation can be helpful particularly if you fall out of practice, because then you can look at what the benefits were for you

• Meditation is like a muscle, it takes work and can stop working well if you have injuries!

I'm a Quaker by convincement, which means I took my membership as an adult from a non Quaker family. If I'm in practice I can sit with expectant waiting for the hour no problems. Because of a whole heap of things many of them around some pretty serious BS to do with SOs ex spreading rumours, I'm very out of practice and barely manage 10 minutes.

Timetabling time to focus inward is important, but if you are struggling initial limit it to 10 minutes. Find a position to sit in that's comfortable. If the "washing machine brain" (love this description) is present focus using either a mantra or another focus. I'm strongly tactile so use beads that are like rosary but not.

I also use a walking meditation of the washing machine is on spin cycle.

Keeping records of progress by noting time spent, focus point and anything that came strongly through your meditation can be helpful particularly if you fall out of practice, because then you can look at what the benefits were for you

Children
No Data