Time Out

Hi folks,

I'm starting to feel that I'm here more than is good for myself or for anyone else.  I'm naturally tending to repeat myself (I do that a lot) and I'm getting a little obsessed with some threads -  and with that leader board, which seems to be telling me I'm here far too much!

I'm going to take a break for a while.  I wish you all well.  It's a great little community.  No place anywhere else like it.

See you a bit later on.

All the best,

Tom

Parents
  • I'm surprised I made it onto the leaderboard.  I'm not keen on it. Tom you've been helpful re some of my posts, I do hope you'll return in your own time. 
    I was going to comment on some of the threads, but I come on here to find them locked, due to someone being abusive in them. I was going to ask what's the difference between imagination and social imagination, as a kid I would engage in pretend play tho mainly perhaps things I could do myself, such as having a teddy bears picnic with my bears, or playing at various other games, or pretend to use a phone, or build things from Lego. As an adult I can read Lord Of The Rings and imagine the locations and characters without visuals, same with music Queen's Who Wants To Live Forever I don't need to see the film Highlander to get an image in my head. I think my problem is I wish I could paint or draw as I seem to get a photograph type image in my head tho the block is transferring images from my mind onto paper. I wish there was a way I could do a mind meld with my printer and it would print out the image that I'm visualising in my head. 
    I know when I moved in here I was given some curtains with elephants on them , at first I was a little sceptical, perhaps I was thinking more of kids curtains, tho the curtains are blue , and people have complimented me on my interior design, how everything seems to go together well. I can imagine my rooms painted differently, the main reason I havent done it for a while is I don't want to be stuck here forever. Tho the housing association did upgrade the kitchens and bathrooms a while ago 2-3 years, and I managed to live with the disruption glasses and spare crockery in boxes in the hallway, and my lounge seemed to be like a  bomb site. I can imagine say what my  my bathroom might look like if I painted it purple. .

Is social imagination a little like being a driver or motorcyclist , in that I was taught to expect the unexpected from other  road users, just because someone isn't indicating to turn don't assume they're going straight on , is that like a similar thing in a social setting. I've heard it said that people with ASDs aren't empathetic, tho I would say that that isn't true, maybe sometimes we're perhaps not quite so good at putting feelings into words. IT seems that the spectrum is really diverse, and I'd say we're all unique one person's journey is not going to be the same as anothers. Sorry if I've hijacked the thread!!!     

• So many apologies from everyone 

i am very empathic but am crap at articulating it....where does that feeling go...do we store it up until we either implode or explode?

• I agree , I think it depends who with as well. I know before I got made redundant from the railway I did work in a busy customer service environment, and I think a woman was saying that her young sons holiday would be ruined due to a strike by signalmen. I said t I'm sorry, but also thought  what can I do about it, do you want me to negotiate with the signalmen to get back to work so the little man's holiday isn';t ruined. Trains were still running as management had manned the signal boxes.   Working in an old folks home I did learn to stand away from Vera if I had things to be doing , she was pleasant enough, but sit next to her , she'd try and cuddle you, I don't mind showing affection at times, but there were times I was busy. 
    I think in terms of physical/romantic /sexual relationships there is one person I really felt affection for, other relationships before that had gone sour grapes. I did have a run of women's probs, tho nothing major, nothing obviously physical wrong, so that messed up that one, and I wish the hospital had joined up thinking at the time and referred me to a sexual counsellor. I'm hoping I can reslove issues and rekindle a great relationship that went platonic!!! 

• I agree , I think it depends who with as well. I know before I got made redundant from the railway I did work in a busy customer service environment, and I think a woman was saying that her young sons holiday would be ruined due to a strike by signalmen. I said t I'm sorry, but also thought  what can I do about it, do you want me to negotiate with the signalmen to get back to work so the little man's holiday isn';t ruined. Trains were still running as management had manned the signal boxes.   Working in an old folks home I did learn to stand away from Vera if I had things to be doing , she was pleasant enough, but sit next to her , she'd try and cuddle you, I don't mind showing affection at times, but there were times I was busy. 
    I think in terms of physical/romantic /sexual relationships there is one person I really felt affection for, other relationships before that had gone sour grapes. I did have a run of women's probs, tho nothing major, nothing obviously physical wrong, so that messed up that one, and I wish the hospital had joined up thinking at the time and referred me to a sexual counsellor. I'm hoping I can reslove issues and rekindle a great relationship that went platonic!!! 

Children
No Data