Time Out

Hi folks,

I'm starting to feel that I'm here more than is good for myself or for anyone else.  I'm naturally tending to repeat myself (I do that a lot) and I'm getting a little obsessed with some threads -  and with that leader board, which seems to be telling me I'm here far too much!

I'm going to take a break for a while.  I wish you all well.  It's a great little community.  No place anywhere else like it.

See you a bit later on.

All the best,

Tom

Parents
  • That is a pity Tom but I respect your decision. Whatever you feel is best for you. I also miss Ferret.

I am a little concerned by the new format of this forum. I do not like the Leader Board. I am scared to post in case I end up on there and get obsessed by it. I recognise ASC means I am autistic (self-absorbed from the greek) so I think it is a mistake and should be removed.

I thought the thread started by JEP was a good discussion about self-diagnosis v formal diagnosis.

Having been round the MH services including CBT, anti-depressants, psychiatrists, counsellors  etc for 20 years I have no confidence in it any more. ASC/ASD fits my life exactly but associates (no friends) and family do not agree. I have a moderate dependency on alcohol and like Tom have been told stop drinking alcohol and all your problems will go away. Its rubbish. It is the only thing which keeps me going.

Anyway all the best Tom, speed ye back, take care, Laddie.

• That is a pity Tom but I respect your decision. Whatever you feel is best for you. I also miss Ferret.

I am a little concerned by the new format of this forum. I do not like the Leader Board. I am scared to post in case I end up on there and get obsessed by it. I recognise ASC means I am autistic (self-absorbed from the greek) so I think it is a mistake and should be removed.

I thought the thread started by JEP was a good discussion about self-diagnosis v formal diagnosis.

Having been round the MH services including CBT, anti-depressants, psychiatrists, counsellors  etc for 20 years I have no confidence in it any more. ASC/ASD fits my life exactly but associates (no friends) and family do not agree. I have a moderate dependency on alcohol and like Tom have been told stop drinking alcohol and all your problems will go away. Its rubbish. It is the only thing which keeps me going.

Anyway all the best Tom, speed ye back, take care, Laddie.

Children
  • laddie49 said:

That is a pity Tom but I respect your decision. Whatever you feel is best for you. I also miss Ferret.

Ferret and I have been discussing the new format with leader board issue and the fact that abuse is absolutely as such guaranteed, never fail factor ten.

• I do not like the leaderboard either. I don't suppose any of us likes attention being brought on ourselves in this way.