Since When is a physio a doctor? When he's an ESA Assessor

I would say I've had a most horrible day, went back for ESA assessment as did have one with a nurse on 20th July, tho she postponed it as she'd thought I'd be better assessed by a doctor given me being a prem baby , and I had difficulty breathing. So went along to another assessment  today ,( which was running 2 hours late), when the "doctor" said about his qualifications , he wasn't a doctor at all but a physiotherepist. My main issue is Aspergers and mental health issues, and WTF would a physio know about them?    

Parents
  • I just want to scream reading all this, it's so upsetting and cruel and unjust. I haven't been on the sharp end of this system, though it's likely I may be at some point, just had brushes with it in the past so I recognise the fear and trauma it causes.

I hope you all find the help and strength to fight you corners and appeal, but talk about kicking people when they are down, it's such a broken system.  How can people do those jobs when they know full well the decisions are wrong, it must affect their mental state too.

Given a supportive environment in terms of benefits and attitudes there could be so much more productivity and achievement instead of using what little energy and resources you all have just to fight to survive the system. Now words fail me, good luck people, I'm really sorry you are being **** on from a great height.

• Thank you Spotty. It is really scary and traumatic. I've been through some very bad times with it and have been out of the radar for a while but they don't leave you alone and one phone call or letter is enough to set my anxiety racing again. I wanted a home visit but I had to chose between the anxiety of setting that up and waiting or accepting the cancellation which is only a couple of days away and going to it just to get it out of the way. Plus I concur with most of what KillerQueen said. The effect destroys all the effort you put into trying to stay stable. 

• I can quite understand that it would completely undermine any progress you might make, it's an aggressive and persecuting flawed system.  I do wish you luck, it feels crap that that is the best I have to offer.

Reply Children