20170730 - ASD women

Hi all, as mentioned in the long ASD women thread we will try a daily new thread to help avoid people and ideas getting lost.

Welcome all women with ASD self diagnosis or diagnosed is OK!

Parents
  • Hello everyone, I'm really glad I found this thread! Im a self diagnosed aspie girl wondering whether to get a formal diagnosis... Anyone on here in their twenties?

• Hello. 

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 32 (a couple of years ago) after many years of wrong mental health diagnoses. I was surprised at first but quickly very relieved that there was a name for my traits and, what's more, that I wasn't the only one. Everything just felt like it suddenly fitted. 

Personally, I am happier and more settled knowing how to deal with myself now since the diagnosis. Life is getting easier...

I also feel I have some protection in terms of legal rights e.g. Accessing (the very, very limited in my area) support and protection in jobs (should I get well enough to work) etc. 

But this is just my experience. 

Good luck. 

Jam. 

• Hello. 

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 32 (a couple of years ago) after many years of wrong mental health diagnoses. I was surprised at first but quickly very relieved that there was a name for my traits and, what's more, that I wasn't the only one. Everything just felt like it suddenly fitted. 

Personally, I am happier and more settled knowing how to deal with myself now since the diagnosis. Life is getting easier...

I also feel I have some protection in terms of legal rights e.g. Accessing (the very, very limited in my area) support and protection in jobs (should I get well enough to work) etc. 

But this is just my experience. 

Good luck. 

Jam. 

Children
No Data