Help! Are there any women in this Community with ASD

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women?

Hello out there......anyone???? 

Parents
  • Hello, I too am very new here but feel it's been a long time coming. I am self diagnosed hf asd and inattentive adhd from what I have read. I have an appointment with the mental health nurse (after seeing her last October) to discuss wether I meet the criteria for a referral but everything I've read on the subject since October and difficulties that my teenage son is experiencing (failing at mainstream school) have made me want to fight for a diagnosis. Just wanted to say I'm here! 

• Hi and welcome

At the moment I am also self diagnosed....so good luck with your appointment. Do you think it is better to seek referral or not? It is a shame that it seems to have to be a fight!!! My husband has told me to stop reading about the subject as he feels it makes things worse... but I am just hoping for answers and strategies to move forward....

hooe you have a good support network...

goid to to hear from you

• Hi Nas, I have thought long and hard about a referral, if it wasn't for the fact that I have 2 sons I probably wouldn't bother but I feel like my teenage sons problems have been misinterpreted as mental health problems, behavioural, etc. He has just had an education plan done and some of the things the ed psych says just make perfect sense that he is like me. He can't or doesn't even want to see it or discuss it, but he's had problems throughout his childhood. My husband isn't very supportive. I moved to a new area a year ago, got married, lived as a family for the first time in 5 years and everything has got so much harder. At first it felt like mental health, but I knew I wasn't depressed, I have ups and downs and anxiety, it was also thought it could be the menopause, but I've struggled throughout my life and now I'm beginning to understand.

• Thank you Spotty...you are on the survivors list as well xx miss you both loads when at work x 

• Thanks both of of you. Night xx

Reply Children
No Data