Struggling with work's training

As with most employees I have to attend training in order to keep my knowledge up to date and ensure I'm compliant with my employer's policies and procedures. 

But, I've noticed over the last few years, staff are bringing in iPads to take notes rather than the humble pad and pen, which is what I still prefer. The point of this post is this, does anyone else struggle to focus when there are other noises going on in the room? I've managed to tolerate the overhead projector whirring away and even the odd cough or pen click. But now there is numerous tap, tap taps going on and I feel like up ending the table and storming out. 

I recently complained to the training team about it. I'm still not out to everyone at work and don't feel I have to, to justify my frustration. But does anyone have any tips to block out/filter the distracting noise as they all merge to make one loud head-drilling sound?

lee. 

Parents
  • Lee, I have realized my migraines have been pretty convenient with avoiding the social events in work over the years...

If I'm away for work I now take my own food having worked out what I get access to in most hotels/motels in the way of storage and preparation. If you want ideas I'm happy to share. 

• I've managed to tell people I don't like going to do's after struggling through a few when I first started and I was surprised that people didn't really question it. I'm not sure if they were pleased with me not going or not. But it's a result all the same.

• I've managed to tell people I don't like going to do's after struggling through a few when I first started and I was surprised that people didn't really question it. I'm not sure if they were pleased with me not going or not. But it's a result all the same.

Children
No Data