Choosing the most suitable job

I am struggling a bit with my current job (it has a wide range of tasks some of which I am better at doing than others) and it might come to and end anyway due to budget cuts.  I am looking in to the possibility of what to do next if my job disappears.  I have looked on the Internet and have found useful articles like this:

"Choosing the Right Job for People with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome"

https://www.iidc.indiana.edu/?pageId=596

Can anyone tell me if there is a web page which would ask a list of questions, analyse the answers and suggest the best match job that I could do, please? I realise that I might have to do a training course, I couldn't do more than one year.

Parents Reply Children
  • Very interesting thread (only just catching up having been off the forum for a while).

I'm not currently working due to other health issues, but have been thinking about what to do when I need to re-enter the job market.  I've either done well at work (usually when left to work things out on my own), or struggled to understand and follow instructions, which has on more than one occasion led to me having to leave a job.  Now I know this is almost certainly down to poor short-term memory, and real problems with processing verbal instruction.

I can certainly relate to what the young woman in the article was saying about difficulties at work, as I expect most of us can.  We now just need more employers to be more accomodating and flexible with our slightly different ways of working.