Choosing the most suitable job

I am struggling a bit with my current job (it has a wide range of tasks some of which I am better at doing than others) and it might come to and end anyway due to budget cuts.  I am looking in to the possibility of what to do next if my job disappears.  I have looked on the Internet and have found useful articles like this:

"Choosing the Right Job for People with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome"

https://www.iidc.indiana.edu/?pageId=596

Can anyone tell me if there is a web page which would ask a list of questions, analyse the answers and suggest the best match job that I could do, please? I realise that I might have to do a training course, I couldn't do more than one year.

Parents
  • I've had nearly 30 jobs since I left school - mainly clerical, shopwork, low-paid.  The best in terms of fringe benefits and holidays was the civil service - but it bored me to tears.  Working in care with special needs is the only job I've done that's given me any real satisfaction.  Being vulnerable myself in many ways, I identify most with vulnerable people.  The work is exhausting and challenging, but a huge amount of fun.  And so rewarding.

According to psychometric tests I've done in the past, my ideal work would be either acting or writing - things I do all the time anyway, without getting paid (unfortunately).  Maybe such a test could identify something for you, AutToFindMore. 

What are your main strengths and interests?

• My interests are computers, video games, comic books, photography, fishing

Reply Children
No Data