Violence linked to Aspergers?

What are people's views on violence being linked to Aspergers?
I found this story on the provided link:-

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0886260508322195

Parents
  • it doesn't look like much of a story to me. It is only looking (AIUI) at people hospitalised because of their autism and it did not find a heightened risk. It just suggests that hospitalised patients with autism may be violent. It doesn't really pass a "so what?" test. Autistic people are perhaps not as different to other people. I'm not sure what they expected to find.

It strikes me that there are autistic people who have been brutalised because they have not been able to make themselves understood. Such people may naturally be violent.

Other autistic people do not have the theory of mind to understand what it means to hurt other people. These people may hurt other people because they don't realise what it really feels like to the vistim.

As far as I can tell there are many autistic people who are less violent than many non-autistic people. This doesn't really say much though - I don't think that you can say much more than autistic people can be violent but so can anyone else.

• it doesn't look like much of a story to me. It is only looking (AIUI) at people hospitalised because of their autism and it did not find a heightened risk. It just suggests that hospitalised patients with autism may be violent. It doesn't really pass a "so what?" test. Autistic people are perhaps not as different to other people. I'm not sure what they expected to find.

It strikes me that there are autistic people who have been brutalised because they have not been able to make themselves understood. Such people may naturally be violent.

Other autistic people do not have the theory of mind to understand what it means to hurt other people. These people may hurt other people because they don't realise what it really feels like to the vistim.

As far as I can tell there are many autistic people who are less violent than many non-autistic people. This doesn't really say much though - I don't think that you can say much more than autistic people can be violent but so can anyone else.

Children
No Data