Violence linked to Aspergers?

What are people's views on violence being linked to Aspergers?
I found this story on the provided link:-

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0886260508322195

Parents
  • I was always an easy target for bullies when I was at school precisely because I found the whole idea of physical violence barbaric & abhorrent. Sadly this was in the 1970s, when parents & teachers were unaware of the long term mental health issues that bullying causes.

Having been involved in Statistics & Data Analysis for most of my working life though, I am very sceptical of controversial studies based on small or unrepresentive datasets. The linked study is only of 422 individuals which is far too small for reliable analysis. It also states that all the people in the study were 'hospitalised' which immediately indicates that it is unrepresentive, since most people on the ASD spectrum don't require hospitalisation.

In my opinion, I simply don't see how the linked study can attempt to make any assertions about the general ASD/Aspergers community when it seems to be solely based on such a small unrepresentative dataset.

In other words, I think it's probably even less reliable than newspaper election opinion polls.

• I was always an easy target for bullies when I was at school precisely because I found the whole idea of physical violence barbaric & abhorrent. Sadly this was in the 1970s, when parents & teachers were unaware of the long term mental health issues that bullying causes.

Having been involved in Statistics & Data Analysis for most of my working life though, I am very sceptical of controversial studies based on small or unrepresentive datasets. The linked study is only of 422 individuals which is far too small for reliable analysis. It also states that all the people in the study were 'hospitalised' which immediately indicates that it is unrepresentive, since most people on the ASD spectrum don't require hospitalisation.

In my opinion, I simply don't see how the linked study can attempt to make any assertions about the general ASD/Aspergers community when it seems to be solely based on such a small unrepresentative dataset.

In other words, I think it's probably even less reliable than newspaper election opinion polls.

Children
No Data