Slowing down!

Does anyone else out there find that symptoms of anxiety leading to exhaustion get worse as you get older? I am fifty years old, diagnosed with Asperger, and am finding it increasingly difficult to get up for work or even maintain an interest in my passion for woodturning? Is this an experience shared by others? I feel like I have hit burnout and finding it all rather depressing.

Parents
  • HI,thanks for your reply.This is the same for me,I work part-time as the anxiety totally drains me and I just can't do a full time job.Sometimes I just flake out and go to bed but some days the anxiety is so bad that I am awake all night.Work is just something I have always done,always full time and just a time-filler for me as well to be honest,since 2010 I have had to take on part-time because I just can't do full-time anymore,I just havent't got the energy.Of course,depression,an eating disorder and OCD do not help but I know exactly what you mean.Everyday I have so many things to do that I almost go to pieces because I can't cope with the list of things,these things take moments each but it feels like it will take hours to do and I get so overwhelmed and exhausted.The anxiety is sometimes more than I can bear,

Regards

kt1son

• HI,thanks for your reply.This is the same for me,I work part-time as the anxiety totally drains me and I just can't do a full time job.Sometimes I just flake out and go to bed but some days the anxiety is so bad that I am awake all night.Work is just something I have always done,always full time and just a time-filler for me as well to be honest,since 2010 I have had to take on part-time because I just can't do full-time anymore,I just havent't got the energy.Of course,depression,an eating disorder and OCD do not help but I know exactly what you mean.Everyday I have so many things to do that I almost go to pieces because I can't cope with the list of things,these things take moments each but it feels like it will take hours to do and I get so overwhelmed and exhausted.The anxiety is sometimes more than I can bear,

Regards

kt1son

Children
No Data