Really struggling with cleaning/ household tasks

I have just had a diagnosis of apsergers (with a fair amount of adhd traits too) at 38. I have a long history of depression and anxety. I am struggling most with executive functioning and it is the adhd traits that seem to be causing my the most problems at the moment. I have struggled for so long with keeping my house clean and uncluttered. My house is full of clutter and I am a huge procrastinator, have very low motivation and even if I do actually manage to do some housework I get distracted or can't seem to  do it for long. I get over whelmed by everything that needs to be done but also seem to have an issue with just doing a little bit at a time. 

I have been criticised by my husband and my parents for so long as they just couldn't understand why I found it all so difficult. I wish I could employ a cleaner and someone to help me organise things but I don't have the money. 

Any adivce woulde be much appreciated. I was only diagnosed last week and am still getting my head around it all. 

Parents
  • Bio family constantly criticised me for a this on top of everything.

I do not only suffer from Autism and learning disabilities and difficulties but things like;

Bpd

Severe depression

Anxiety

C-ptsd

Inflammatory disorder which puts me in agony every day as well as mild asthma.

To also note because of my hygiene, I've been living in black mold for YEARS which makes all these things worse, its ruined for mint condition furniture and has cost me 1000s.

Family also came at me for making excuses, hiding behind my disabilities as excuse, call me names and look down at me like I was this disgusting thing,  they were never satisfied no matter what I did so I stopped trying.

Reason I'm putting these things down cuz if this sounds familiar, really consider if remaining with people who criticise you for what you struggle with is a good idea or at least try talk to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CLEANING TIPS

•As for cleaning, I've made rules such as, you use something put it back or clean right away, clean things associated with it or areas, anything comes to mind do it right away deoending how much work youve done already, do what I can do till finished finished or my body starts to play up.

•It might also be worth setting up prompts on your phone and do them right away and put yourself on a timer.

•Have a playlist for cleaning or only ever listen to music while cleaning.

•Put your shoes on everytime you go clean.

•Break it down into smaller tasks to do everyday or a room a day if you are up to it

•defo reward yourself after you've done

With mine I had help from family who arent horrible to me, so I have to keep it up for them after all theyve done for me and I plan not to go back to that again.

I really hate Chores with a passion but I have to do them, I've taken it apon myself since I'm always tired and a little achy plug music in and get started until either finished or if I get too achy.

I don't even think too into it and work through it, I have pets so I HAVE TO lol, for you do it for yourself, no one else and just think it'll be great for the long run! So many problems avoided and life is easier plus if anything were to happen to ya or recieving unexpected visits at least house is tidy.

Obvs you don't have to do all of these listed, just pick a couple and see if they work for you, take care!

• Bio family constantly criticised me for a this on top of everything.

I do not only suffer from Autism and learning disabilities and difficulties but things like;

Bpd

Severe depression

Anxiety

C-ptsd

Inflammatory disorder which puts me in agony every day as well as mild asthma.

To also note because of my hygiene, I've been living in black mold for YEARS which makes all these things worse, its ruined for mint condition furniture and has cost me 1000s.

Family also came at me for making excuses, hiding behind my disabilities as excuse, call me names and look down at me like I was this disgusting thing,  they were never satisfied no matter what I did so I stopped trying.

Reason I'm putting these things down cuz if this sounds familiar, really consider if remaining with people who criticise you for what you struggle with is a good idea or at least try talk to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CLEANING TIPS

•As for cleaning, I've made rules such as, you use something put it back or clean right away, clean things associated with it or areas, anything comes to mind do it right away deoending how much work youve done already, do what I can do till finished finished or my body starts to play up.

•It might also be worth setting up prompts on your phone and do them right away and put yourself on a timer.

•Have a playlist for cleaning or only ever listen to music while cleaning.

•Put your shoes on everytime you go clean.

•Break it down into smaller tasks to do everyday or a room a day if you are up to it

•defo reward yourself after you've done

With mine I had help from family who arent horrible to me, so I have to keep it up for them after all theyve done for me and I plan not to go back to that again.

I really hate Chores with a passion but I have to do them, I've taken it apon myself since I'm always tired and a little achy plug music in and get started until either finished or if I get too achy.

I don't even think too into it and work through it, I have pets so I HAVE TO lol, for you do it for yourself, no one else and just think it'll be great for the long run! So many problems avoided and life is easier plus if anything were to happen to ya or recieving unexpected visits at least house is tidy.

Obvs you don't have to do all of these listed, just pick a couple and see if they work for you, take care!

Children
  • Morning.

That's a great list of cleaning tips.  People will find that list very helpful if they are struggling with cleaning tasks too.  It's a really kind thing to give in one of your first posts here.

Welcome!  Hope to run into you again soon on these pages.

Have a happy Tuesday.

Kind regards, Number.