Jury duty

HI

I have been asked to do jury duty and I really really cannot do it. I have sent the form back asking to be excused. I was diagnosed late in life 2 years ago. I just hope they do excuse me as I am anxious now waiting to see if they get back. 

Does anyone have any experience of how this works. Do you think having aspergers will be a good enough reason to be excused. I realise we are all different and some would love the opportunity but I am not one. 

Thanks in advance for any input.

Parents
  • Just to update.

I have contacted the courts and the lady I spoke to said I had been excused and a letter was on its way to me. 

I didn't send any evidence with my form (but could have provided my assessment if needed) and I didn't have to tick that I lacked mental capacity because I would have been lying to say that. I just struggle with social contact and travel and get over anxious so to anyone that may be asked to do this, if you cannot or think you would not be able to do it, just ask to be excused. 

Thanks again  for inputs.

• Just to update.

I have contacted the courts and the lady I spoke to said I had been excused and a letter was on its way to me. 

I didn't send any evidence with my form (but could have provided my assessment if needed) and I didn't have to tick that I lacked mental capacity because I would have been lying to say that. I just struggle with social contact and travel and get over anxious so to anyone that may be asked to do this, if you cannot or think you would not be able to do it, just ask to be excused. 

Thanks again  for inputs.

Children