Getting a Job

Isnt it really unfair that employers turn people away because they have HFA or Asperger syndrome?? 

I believe there isnt a lot of support from the UK government when it comes to tackling job employment for the disabled. Would i be right in saying that??

Who on here actually has a part-time or full-time job?

Parents
  • well in forms you need to be able to explain about how you are affected by having Aspergers or any other ASD. but it is hard to answer these questions because an employer can come up with reasonable answers to answers that you may give.

If you are in an interview, you may lose interest quite easily. Unfortunately low attention span in common within the spectrum. If that happens in front of an employer who has no understand of an ASD then they will not employ you. If an employer has an understand of an ASD (in my case it would be aspergers) then there is a chance that you may get job.

If you happen to get the job, keeping the job could turn out to be a problem due to the low attention span and repetitive behaviour interests. For example if someone with AS gets bored easily, the person may want to pick up a pen, play with it, therefore their mind will be focused on the pen and not the job. Then there is things like social communication problems as well as if you take a joke seriously then there is a chance will you get the sack (all this refers to having an employer who doesnt have any understanding of an ASD)

Chances are an employer will pick a normal person over someone who needs special treatment because of they wont want to the extra work as they would have their own work to do. That is unfair but it is the world we live in.

• well in forms you need to be able to explain about how you are affected by having Aspergers or any other ASD. but it is hard to answer these questions because an employer can come up with reasonable answers to answers that you may give.

If you are in an interview, you may lose interest quite easily. Unfortunately low attention span in common within the spectrum. If that happens in front of an employer who has no understand of an ASD then they will not employ you. If an employer has an understand of an ASD (in my case it would be aspergers) then there is a chance that you may get job.

If you happen to get the job, keeping the job could turn out to be a problem due to the low attention span and repetitive behaviour interests. For example if someone with AS gets bored easily, the person may want to pick up a pen, play with it, therefore their mind will be focused on the pen and not the job. Then there is things like social communication problems as well as if you take a joke seriously then there is a chance will you get the sack (all this refers to having an employer who doesnt have any understanding of an ASD)

Chances are an employer will pick a normal person over someone who needs special treatment because of they wont want to the extra work as they would have their own work to do. That is unfair but it is the world we live in.

Children
No Data