Claiming ESA and PIP diagnosed with Aspergers

Has anyone diganosed with Autism or Aspergers been sucessful in their claim with ESA or PIP? I claimed PIP but I wasn't sucessful I am going through the appeal process. 

I have since found too, I could quite possibly be entiled to ESA as how much my aspergers impacts my life in so many ways going back as far as pre-school. 

Does anyone have any experiences advice or pointers that they could give me. I have read online there is a certain group you have to go to if you claim ESA can the DWP do that with someone with aspergers Syndrome is claiming? As part of their disablity is socializing, change, things out of the blue and coping with life outside of the house. 

Thank you.

Parents
  • I live in Northern Ireland was diagnosed with ASD Aspergers in 2017, and claimed PIP. I was refused, and sent the letter back for a 2nd review. Again, refused. Had to go thru appeals court, which took a year to get a date and I won my claim, and granted PIP for 3 years. It ended on 16th January 2021 and I had to reclaim, which is still awaiting a decision. We aren't under DWP here. Here it is Department For Communities that deal with benefits. Hope to get good news soon

• What is it like living in Northern Ireland, Mick? I always think it must be terrifying living there with all the religious friction, fighting and violence you see reported on the news.

• it's actually nothing like what you see on the news, except certain areas, but the majority of the country is really nice. I'm from Accrington in Lancashire originally and moved here in 2004

• I was baptised as protestant, but I'm not religious at all. I don't mind anyone that is, as long as it's not pushed in my face. Most of my friends here are catholic and we get on the best

Reply Children
No Data