17 yr Autistic daughter just refused PIP

Hi,

I am new to the forum as my daughter was only diagnosed with Austistic Spectrum Disorder last summer, after a year and a half of assessments. We applied for PIP last April (I am her appointee) and have just been sent a letter saying she will not receive it, despite never going out alone and not being able to cope with communication with people other than her immediate family, and that is limited. She scored 4 points for 'engaging with other people face to face' and 4 points for 'planning and following journeys'. Zero points for everything else, despite a face to face assessment where I explained that she goes out on average once a week, sometimes less, and is always accompanied. She has lots of sensitivities, particularly with food.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am preparing an appeal. It says on the covering letter ' I realise you have a disability or health condition and receiving this decision isn't the news you were hoping for'. It's a joke.

Parents
  • First of all don't worry, we just stuck to are guns. You will need to go to the indpendent triubunial stage. PIP is just out to save money by setting the bar to high. We won it at a higher rate even though pip said we didn't qualify! It did take 10 mounts to sort though. My husband did have a couple of different conditions and I must say the women came to the house from capita was nice, it was the DWP that made all the problems. Capita said he should of had the high rate and DWP egnord them and said no! He's having nothing just go the tribunal they will put DWP straight.

• First of all don't worry, we just stuck to are guns. You will need to go to the indpendent triubunial stage. PIP is just out to save money by setting the bar to high. We won it at a higher rate even though pip said we didn't qualify! It did take 10 mounts to sort though. My husband did have a couple of different conditions and I must say the women came to the house from capita was nice, it was the DWP that made all the problems. Capita said he should of had the high rate and DWP egnord them and said no! He's having nothing just go the tribunal they will put DWP straight.

Children
No Data