In England, are people with an ASD considered disabled and/or vulnerable under English Law?

In England, under English Law (Mental Health Capacity Act, Vunerable Adults Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equalities Act, Autism Act, etc), are adults with an ASD considered to be disabled, mentally disabled, vulnerable adults, or similar?

And if so, what are the legal rights of such ASD suffers, what are they entitled to that differ from a non-ASD person, so on and so forth, etc? 

(I have Asperger Syndrome and suffer badly from depression, anxiety, paranoia, fear for the future, difficulty coping with change, etc.  So I am wondering whether I am considered as having a disablity, a mental disability, and/or considered a vulnerable adult.)

Parents
  • In fighting and diffabiity, well in respect of our humanity we can soon degenerate into dissagreement like any other people group but the fact that we are all part of a spectrum that is soursed from a way of thinking that is significantly different from the mental processing and experience of the mass population.

The semantics of how much we blend mimic or can show to be capable as a measured performance and the simple and "easy ticket" of accepance, if only. let us celebrate that we as significantly different people posses a uniqu understanding and ability's that mean we are different and that diffability menas we are often marginalised espaecially the more a homogenised society becomes and the more this is seen as a measure of collective safety and the "way" to be if you are OK. and to be thought of as such.

I have no idea if Mr Speilburge is on the AS but he is tallented in a considerably unique way and continues to invoke the impressions of radical new mindsets in those who observe his work. He breaks down expectations and introduces new perspectives with a fervent impression that is unshakeable when viewed, a master of his art indeed.

Would that we were all able to venture to such a position. If it was a fair wind that got him there then would it blow me in such a way that I might so elequently demonstrate the hidden things I understand.

WB

I am who I am. I am different and I have a courage and edge that has rendered my vulnerability a matter to be recconned with, but if I am entreated to conform and comply then I am at the mercy of the smal values and fears of those who make such requests and their approvals and dissaprovals along with all the fears they are driven by make me very vulnerable indeed. It is their fear that inhibits my standing tall and the true extent of my abilities. For I am not timid in my own clothes, or nakedness and it is only the emporors expectations that render me naked in the streets of life, such is the nature of social expectation.

• In fighting and diffabiity, well in respect of our humanity we can soon degenerate into dissagreement like any other people group but the fact that we are all part of a spectrum that is soursed from a way of thinking that is significantly different from the mental processing and experience of the mass population.

The semantics of how much we blend mimic or can show to be capable as a measured performance and the simple and "easy ticket" of accepance, if only. let us celebrate that we as significantly different people posses a uniqu understanding and ability's that mean we are different and that diffability menas we are often marginalised espaecially the more a homogenised society becomes and the more this is seen as a measure of collective safety and the "way" to be if you are OK. and to be thought of as such.

I have no idea if Mr Speilburge is on the AS but he is tallented in a considerably unique way and continues to invoke the impressions of radical new mindsets in those who observe his work. He breaks down expectations and introduces new perspectives with a fervent impression that is unshakeable when viewed, a master of his art indeed.

Would that we were all able to venture to such a position. If it was a fair wind that got him there then would it blow me in such a way that I might so elequently demonstrate the hidden things I understand.

WB

I am who I am. I am different and I have a courage and edge that has rendered my vulnerability a matter to be recconned with, but if I am entreated to conform and comply then I am at the mercy of the smal values and fears of those who make such requests and their approvals and dissaprovals along with all the fears they are driven by make me very vulnerable indeed. It is their fear that inhibits my standing tall and the true extent of my abilities. For I am not timid in my own clothes, or nakedness and it is only the emporors expectations that render me naked in the streets of life, such is the nature of social expectation.

Children
No Data