In England, are people with an ASD considered disabled and/or vulnerable under English Law?

In England, under English Law (Mental Health Capacity Act, Vunerable Adults Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equalities Act, Autism Act, etc), are adults with an ASD considered to be disabled, mentally disabled, vulnerable adults, or similar?

And if so, what are the legal rights of such ASD suffers, what are they entitled to that differ from a non-ASD person, so on and so forth, etc? 

(I have Asperger Syndrome and suffer badly from depression, anxiety, paranoia, fear for the future, difficulty coping with change, etc.  So I am wondering whether I am considered as having a disablity, a mental disability, and/or considered a vulnerable adult.)

Parents
  • I would have to disagree ALADDIN. I think that all people with ASD have a disability because our difficulties with understanding other people, lack of social connections, anxieties, and the very real exclusions we face every day all amount to  one massive obstacle. I agree that we may debate what term to use, and it is possible that a new word will replace 'disability', but at the moment 'disability' is the one widely used word that describes our exclusion from society. Certainly we have ability, which is why the term 'disability' can be confusing, but that ability is restricted because of our difference. We want to change this which is why we campaign and raise awareness, but we can only seek to change our lot if we are aware of our limitations in the present. For if we have no difficulties then there is no point in campaigning

• I would have to disagree ALADDIN. I think that all people with ASD have a disability because our difficulties with understanding other people, lack of social connections, anxieties, and the very real exclusions we face every day all amount to  one massive obstacle. I agree that we may debate what term to use, and it is possible that a new word will replace 'disability', but at the moment 'disability' is the one widely used word that describes our exclusion from society. Certainly we have ability, which is why the term 'disability' can be confusing, but that ability is restricted because of our difference. We want to change this which is why we campaign and raise awareness, but we can only seek to change our lot if we are aware of our limitations in the present. For if we have no difficulties then there is no point in campaigning

Children
No Data