Dating Agencies for Asperger People

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but ..

My son is 38 , diagnosed with Aspergers at age 20 .

He has a very limited social life but is so wanting to find a girlfriend and has been joining various well known dating agencies online ( and spending quite a bit of money to do it Frown ) but he is finding it hard to accept that his aspergers may put people off .

I don't want him to feel that he is inferior to other folks , which he isn't , but I really don't think the websites he has been trying are suitable for him . Does anyone know if there are any "asperger friendly" sites that he could look at ?

Parents
  • I have tried both regular dating sites and aspie/autism-specific dating sites and have paid out quite a bit of money trying to find someone. So far I haven't found anyone compatible (ie. around my age, near enough to travel, matching preferences for major life goals like kids, marriage, etc). I get matched with guys all over the world (who aren't looking to relocate), or they are married, or they have kids/want kids, or they are 15-20 years older, or have polar opposite lifestyles (and don't want to compromise on anything)... It's pretty depressing. I've dated a few NT guys, but our way of thinking was so out of sync that we drove eachother mad eventually.

I'm starting to think there really isn't anyone out there for me. At least, not until AI progresses enough that I can just design someone to date!

However, I am hopeful that the yonger generation will have more luck with relationships. I'm now 30 and throughout most of my teens/early 20s there wasn't anywhere I could go to meet other aspie/autistic people (no groups or anything in my area and as far as I know there weren't online AS dating sites until recently). So for 10-15 years I only met 'normal' guys to date. I'm glad that younger people have more options available to them.

• I have tried both regular dating sites and aspie/autism-specific dating sites and have paid out quite a bit of money trying to find someone. So far I haven't found anyone compatible (ie. around my age, near enough to travel, matching preferences for major life goals like kids, marriage, etc). I get matched with guys all over the world (who aren't looking to relocate), or they are married, or they have kids/want kids, or they are 15-20 years older, or have polar opposite lifestyles (and don't want to compromise on anything)... It's pretty depressing. I've dated a few NT guys, but our way of thinking was so out of sync that we drove eachother mad eventually.

I'm starting to think there really isn't anyone out there for me. At least, not until AI progresses enough that I can just design someone to date!

However, I am hopeful that the yonger generation will have more luck with relationships. I'm now 30 and throughout most of my teens/early 20s there wasn't anywhere I could go to meet other aspie/autistic people (no groups or anything in my area and as far as I know there weren't online AS dating sites until recently). So for 10-15 years I only met 'normal' guys to date. I'm glad that younger people have more options available to them.

Children