Folic acid

Got my blood results back basically I have a deficiency of folic acid. Didn’t know this at all and it took me as quite a surprise tbh. So I need to take high strength folic acid tablets now. I never knew this but low folic acid in the brain can cause seizures, depression, anxiety, ataxia, myoclonus and autistic symptoms. Very interesting. Maybe low folic acid had been my problem all these years. Apparently there’s also a link between mothers with low folate and risk of autism. I looked up all the symptoms of low folic acid and yeh I have them all and they really explain things for me. Hopefully these will help me then. Does anyone else have this issues with low folic acid? I thought I would update people on how I got on with my neurological issues as I did say that I would do that. Sorry about the post about England and stuff I don’t know I’ve kinda been acting a bit strange lately I have been having altercations with people in the street as well lately. I thought it was them that were the problem but maybe it is me because I am thinking all crazy because of low folic acid or something. Hey maybe it is me that’s the problem at least sometimes I dunno. 

Parents
  • Not that it's ever nice to hear that we have a vitamin deficiency, but I'm very glad that you discovered it and can now address it - and I hope it leads to some noticeable improvements for you, as mine did for me.

Per fairly recent tests, I have a vitamin B12 deficiency (folate was OK), for which I now receive regular jabs.

I'd feel reassured if you also happened to check your B6 supplement level with your GP. ;)

Sorry about the post about England and stuff I don’t know I’ve kinda been acting a bit strange lately I have been having altercations with people in the street as well lately. I thought it was them that were the problem but maybe it is me because I am thinking all crazy because of low folic acid or somethin

Thank you for saying this - I hope you don't mind me tagging ; who I think might particularly appreciate the explanation. 

We're all good :)

• Not that it's ever nice to hear that we have a vitamin deficiency, but I'm very glad that you discovered it and can now address it - and I hope it leads to some noticeable improvements for you, as mine did for me.

Per fairly recent tests, I have a vitamin B12 deficiency (folate was OK), for which I now receive regular jabs.

I'd feel reassured if you also happened to check your B6 supplement level with your GP. ;)

Sorry about the post about England and stuff I don’t know I’ve kinda been acting a bit strange lately I have been having altercations with people in the street as well lately. I thought it was them that were the problem but maybe it is me because I am thinking all crazy because of low folic acid or somethin

Thank you for saying this - I hope you don't mind me tagging ; who I think might particularly appreciate the explanation. 

We're all good :)

Children