Feeling stuck in a rut

Ever feel like a job is the best you will get in life?

I want a career so I can get a house rather than being stuck in the rental market and not having a place that's truly mine

I want to be able to say one day I can retire off money I have saved 

The reasons I work are basically so I can have money 

I feel like such an outcast because everyone says work is something to so and they would feel lost just sat at home but for me I'd love a world where i had enough money that I'd saved up from work to be able to stay at home 

I work simply as a necessity bit every one else seems to work because it gives them purpose to me work feels like a loop and without a career that's all it will be 

My only real jobs are retail cleaning and I did 1 month teaching guitar to pretty much 1 person and that didn't get far 

I'd love to do reselling but tbh I did alot of research on it and all the YouTube stuff that says you can do it as a full time job seem like bs it's either you will struggle alot for money at times or you need a big warehouse tonbe able to make profit and that seems way out of my comfort zone 

I dont ever want a management or team leader role of any kind and I did look up work from home but again seems like most work from home are either hugely skilled jobs or basically scams 

Do i just keep accepting I will have to do shift work or is there a way to feel like I can get a career that relieves the stress of work and stuff 

I dunno it's hard to explain what I want but i need more time at home but at the same time i need good money and a way to have decent savings without missing out on life 

Parents
  • The environment we've grown up in has us see a lot of life through the perspective of career. When in reality, you could enjoy a job so much on its own and it happens to be something you can be paid for, and sustain yourself on financially. That's just the ideal though, but it's absolutely possible. I've seen a lot of people on the spectrum have this same conundrum, where they don't have any drive to adapt to the job world in this way. So many of the most financially rewarding careers take lots of time and commitments like university, moving and training, but so many autistic people don't feel like they need to go down this route to feel complete.

I'm the same way, I've never had a specific career I've wanted to dedicate my life to, so I just try and get paid as much as I can by doing what I like. Maybe I'll be called to do something like this down the line? But I'm not gonna force myself down a route. This could even be a healthier way than the approach of many who tie their entire self worth and life meaning into their career, and the meaning of life to them gets lost in it. So don't feel bad about not feeling like you can adapt into this mindset. However, I think a job can also let you feel purpose and that you're giving back to the world, which are really good ways to feel. 

You can definitely work from home, and it's something that's been more and more possible for people overtime. It's not just about skill, it's about what you can offer. If you have any interests in the creative field, people in those jobs all have something unique in their creativity. Right now I'm trying to get a balance of both working from home and going out to a job. I've also been considering university but that's mainly been from societal pressure that I've put on myself lol, I think I'm happy this way. I wish you the best with your situation.

• The environment we've grown up in has us see a lot of life through the perspective of career. When in reality, you could enjoy a job so much on its own and it happens to be something you can be paid for, and sustain yourself on financially. That's just the ideal though, but it's absolutely possible. I've seen a lot of people on the spectrum have this same conundrum, where they don't have any drive to adapt to the job world in this way. So many of the most financially rewarding careers take lots of time and commitments like university, moving and training, but so many autistic people don't feel like they need to go down this route to feel complete.

I'm the same way, I've never had a specific career I've wanted to dedicate my life to, so I just try and get paid as much as I can by doing what I like. Maybe I'll be called to do something like this down the line? But I'm not gonna force myself down a route. This could even be a healthier way than the approach of many who tie their entire self worth and life meaning into their career, and the meaning of life to them gets lost in it. So don't feel bad about not feeling like you can adapt into this mindset. However, I think a job can also let you feel purpose and that you're giving back to the world, which are really good ways to feel. 

You can definitely work from home, and it's something that's been more and more possible for people overtime. It's not just about skill, it's about what you can offer. If you have any interests in the creative field, people in those jobs all have something unique in their creativity. Right now I'm trying to get a balance of both working from home and going out to a job. I've also been considering university but that's mainly been from societal pressure that I've put on myself lol, I think I'm happy this way. I wish you the best with your situation.

Children
No Data