Life is good

I got out of a long term relationship April last year and was single for the first time in seven years. 

I hadn't realised, but I had been suppressing my special interest throughout this time. This has always been my special interest and I never stopped claiming it as such throughout the duration of the relationship, I just never realised it had been put on the back burner so heavily. 

Something I wanted to share with everyone is that via ACTUALLY allowing myself to freely love my special interest without feeling shame, I was opening myself to the company of others who also love my special interest.

In the six months since I last posted on here saying I was worried I was losing touch with reality because I was focussing on my special interest so heavily, life has changed significantly. 

How?

Because I intentionally reached out (via social media platforms) to creators who were posting about the content I'm interested in. I'm now meeting my best fandom friend on Saturday to get tattoos together! And, for my birthday, my online fandom friends on the discord server I'm on organised an online quiz for us all on the topic and 15 people from 8 different countries joined it. 

Moral of the story: reject shame, embrace the cringe, pursue what you're interested in and happiness will follow, because the people that stick around are the people you mesh the best with!