Hello :)

Hi all,

After a long time away from the forum, I'm tentatively back to see what's happening and who's around here at the moment. I had some problems with my account that meant I couldn't log in for a while, and around the same time things were happening on the forum that really clashed with my values and identity. This is a new account, (I used to be Sphynx with a y) so if you know me from before and would like to connect, I'm really sorry if I've missed messages, would be lovely to hear from you now. Also looking to make more autistic friends. I've almost completed my initial training as a person-centred therapist, and I care very deeply about nature and social justice. I really love language (words, etymology, names) and mythology, (especially Greek and Celtic, but always excited to learn more!) I write music and sometimes words as well. If any of this resonates or sparks your curiosity, let me know below! 

Parents
  • Hi Sphinx,

I have used adobe online to create a 'video', so it can be uploaded to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapFjRcrPLs

This tune was recorded in 1989. If my memory is correct, I think I wrote it in 1987. I would have been around 17.

I have poor physical co-ordination, so I can't play keyboards well. (I was in short-lived band, and it was probably good for society that we split up Joy. There was only one talented musician out of the five of us, and I wasn't them.). This is entirely sequenced to fix my poor playing. It used a dedicated piano module. The sequencer could not store 'velocity' information and so the notes are all uniformly loud. It is recorded on audio cassette tape, and has a lovely hiss as a result. I would like to get it transcribed one day with a view to re-recording it with an better piano sample and velocity.

• Hi Sphinx,

I have used adobe online to create a 'video', so it can be uploaded to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapFjRcrPLs

This tune was recorded in 1989. If my memory is correct, I think I wrote it in 1987. I would have been around 17.

I have poor physical co-ordination, so I can't play keyboards well. (I was in short-lived band, and it was probably good for society that we split up Joy. There was only one talented musician out of the five of us, and I wasn't them.). This is entirely sequenced to fix my poor playing. It used a dedicated piano module. The sequencer could not store 'velocity' information and so the notes are all uniformly loud. It is recorded on audio cassette tape, and has a lovely hiss as a result. I would like to get it transcribed one day with a view to re-recording it with an better piano sample and velocity.

Children
  • Hi Mark, 

Thank you for taking the time to make this accessible and then for sharing it here! It's lovely, really nice melody. And I thfind the hiss very atmospheric :) I hope you can find someone to work on transcription and re-recording with. Playing instruments can be hard for so many different reasons. I hope burnout lifts enough for you to come back to engaging with music in whatever form feels most meaningful and exciting to you - sounds like it's been an important part of you for a long time.