Late diagnosed

Hi 

I’m 34 last year I began the official diagnosis journey for a autism diagnosis 

two days ago I finally got my 1 on 1 assessment at the end I was told I was showing strong signs on autism, hearing that I began crying as I felt like my life makes sense now 

next week I see a peaditrecian 

yesterday I began grieving the loss of my life and I haven’t stopped crying 

Parents
  • I was given a preliminary diagnosis 3 years ago and put on the waiting list for a formal diagnosis. To be honest it was a relief to finally put a name to my lifetime issues.

As time drags on and the official diagnosis doesn't seem to be getting any closer I feel like I'm stuck in a holding pattern. I know there's no magic wand or actual "treatment" but it would be nice to have it officially confirmed to give whatever limited help or entitlement it gives.

I have had a feeling of loss or grief for the longest time, even before it was suggested I had ASD. Whether it's been the dysthymia or alexithymia and constant fog that clouds my thoughts. What would life have been?

I know I shouldn't think like this, I've been told not to discount my achievements but it doesn't really help.

So I can honestly say I know how you feel. At least you are on the right road.

Take care 

• I was given a preliminary diagnosis 3 years ago and put on the waiting list for a formal diagnosis. To be honest it was a relief to finally put a name to my lifetime issues.

As time drags on and the official diagnosis doesn't seem to be getting any closer I feel like I'm stuck in a holding pattern. I know there's no magic wand or actual "treatment" but it would be nice to have it officially confirmed to give whatever limited help or entitlement it gives.

I have had a feeling of loss or grief for the longest time, even before it was suggested I had ASD. Whether it's been the dysthymia or alexithymia and constant fog that clouds my thoughts. What would life have been?

I know I shouldn't think like this, I've been told not to discount my achievements but it doesn't really help.

So I can honestly say I know how you feel. At least you are on the right road.

Take care 

Children
No Data