I need friends :)

I used to post on here a while ago, I’m back Slight smile

I’m turning 29 next week and I wanna make some friendsssssss

hit me upppp x

Parents
  • Hi Allie, and everyone else of this thread Relaxed 

I was diagnosed last year at 38 and although having a strong family network my lack of autistic friends (and autistic allies) who "get" and accept me, is something I'd also like to change.

I love reading, learning, and discussing big ideas, as well as exercising (to keep my mind from racing), gardening (for wellbeing), drumming, rock climbing, and recently started playing chess. I particularly love reading Russian literature, classics, poetry, and about psychology, philosophy, and economics. Professionally I've always worked in charities as it's where I can draw together learning and experts from different areas to solve pressing social and environmental problems (which serves my sense of justice and hyper empathy). 

If I sound vaguely interesting to anyone then give me a shout Thumbsup tone2

• Hi. What Russian writers have you read?  I've been reading M Ageyev of late.

• I've not heard of Ageyev - which is exciting as it's something new to read Relaxed

My favourite Russian authors to date would be Dostoevsky; Solzhenitsyn; Tolstoy; Gogol; Pushkin; Chekhov; Turgenev; Goncharov; and Lermontov.

My favourite by Dostoevsky is "The Idiot", and by Solzhenitsyn is "One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich". 

Thanks for the book recommendation, enjoy your reading Books

• I've not heard of Ageyev - which is exciting as it's something new to read Relaxed

My favourite Russian authors to date would be Dostoevsky; Solzhenitsyn; Tolstoy; Gogol; Pushkin; Chekhov; Turgenev; Goncharov; and Lermontov.

My favourite by Dostoevsky is "The Idiot", and by Solzhenitsyn is "One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich". 

Thanks for the book recommendation, enjoy your reading Books

Children
No Data