I need friends :)

I used to post on here a while ago, I’m back Slight smile

I’m turning 29 next week and I wanna make some friendsssssss

hit me upppp x

Parents
  • Hi Allie, and everyone else of this thread Relaxed 

I was diagnosed last year at 38 and although having a strong family network my lack of autistic friends (and autistic allies) who "get" and accept me, is something I'd also like to change.

I love reading, learning, and discussing big ideas, as well as exercising (to keep my mind from racing), gardening (for wellbeing), drumming, rock climbing, and recently started playing chess. I particularly love reading Russian literature, classics, poetry, and about psychology, philosophy, and economics. Professionally I've always worked in charities as it's where I can draw together learning and experts from different areas to solve pressing social and environmental problems (which serves my sense of justice and hyper empathy). 

If I sound vaguely interesting to anyone then give me a shout Thumbsup tone2

• I love reading too! I’ve recently got into philosophy:) I used to play the drums too

• I find drumming, rock climbing and harder landscaping work in the garden, are some of the only things that can get me entirely into a flow state, as I need both my body and mind engaged in the activity. Philosophy-wise I've been reading more about Stoicism lately (really recommend signing up to the Daily Stoic email mailing list), but also finding it interesting to learn more about different types of political and economic philosophies to understand different peoples views of the world. I'll be your friend if you want Allie 

• I find drumming, rock climbing and harder landscaping work in the garden, are some of the only things that can get me entirely into a flow state, as I need both my body and mind engaged in the activity. Philosophy-wise I've been reading more about Stoicism lately (really recommend signing up to the Daily Stoic email mailing list), but also finding it interesting to learn more about different types of political and economic philosophies to understand different peoples views of the world. I'll be your friend if you want Allie 

Children
No Data