Awaiting diagnosis assessment and struggling!

Hello everyone, my name is steffan and I’m a 31 year old male with 2 children a 12 year old boy and a 4 year old girl (who are both on the pathway for autism also) also I have been diagnosed with EUPD (emotionally unstable personality disorder) along with severe anxiety suspected OCD and depression. 

i am struggling massively in possibly every single aspect of my life and have been since i was a child. I have had my first contact video assessment and been told I have a huge amount of indications that I am autistic and have adhd. I have been placed on the full diagnostic assessment waiting list and have been told I could be waiting a long time, so I am feeling very deflated, isolated and alone and I also have a huge amount of anxiety bubbling away inside which I think won’t pass until my assessment is completed. Now I have been told by 7 different mental health workers that they believe I’m autistic and I really want to meet other people that are in my situation or experienced similar and could maby help me with some advice about what I could do to help and anything about support and finding a community I can join and feel like I belong as I feel so alone :( I suffer with panic attacks regularly and I can become very distressed in heavily crowded areas or if my mind runs away to fast with problems or worries I have (maby partly due to adhd) I just don’t understand the neurodevelopmental issue i have and am trying to reach out now. I just wish sometimes I could find friends easily or keep those friendships.

Parents
  • Welcome to the community, Steffan.

I was diagnosed as autistic last year, aged 41, and with ADHD a few months ago. I try to take each day as it comes, as cliched as that may sound. I'm so used to anxiety and depression, but I have to keep reminding myself that these are not permanent states. I find that special interests and the autism community help to regulate my mood.

Keep reaching out for support and answers - that's what we're here for.

• May I ask you a question as you seem similar ro me. But I don't want to hijack this post. I have just joined. How would Ido that please?

Reply Children
No Data